He is not a stranger to SA Cricket, He represented the U/19 SA Team which played in a World Cup. He has had two solid seasons with the Lions + is looking forward to a strong start next coming season.
We at SARTORI™ asked Mangi a few questions to give you a deeper understanding of this cricketer.
- Where were you born + raised? In a township called Duduza, in the East Rand.
- Tell us about your favourite Sporting Experience?When I played my first game for South Africa.
- Tell us about your Hardest Training Session?When we hiked for 40km with titans go pre-season.
- What is the worst thing about your professional career? As a wicket keeper, it is the fact that I’ll never have normal fingers.
- If you were not an athlete, what would you be? A Motivational Speaker and mentor.
- Tell us the story of your first kiss? Let’s leave this unsaid.
- What is your favourite meal to cook? Definitely a mean Beef stew.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Play music. Gospel music.
- How do you relax / what do you do in your downtime? I never used to relax, so I often experienced physical and mental burnouts. So, have been training myself to switch off and have recently picked up golf.
- What inspires you? People who never give up. I have so many of these people in my close circle of family and friends and I find true inspiration from those whose circumstances are unbearable, but they just keep going.
Mangi, thank you for taking the time to share. All the best this upcoming season!